Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unable to log in as another user in xp

• Please log in to reply

charsiewb

charsiewb

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello. I have a problem. I am unable to log in as a particular user when i am at the windows xp mainscreen. However, i am able to do so as another user. When i try to log on as one of the user, an error message pops out.

It says: "Windows cannot create a temporary profle directory. This may be caused by insufficient security rights. If this problem persists, contact your network adminstrator. Detail - Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service."

After that, another box appears and says "Windows cannot load the user's profile but has logged you on with the default profile for the system."

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!:)

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Means the profile for that user is corrupt.
Your best bet would be to copy out of it anything you want to keep (the appropriate folders under C:\Documents and Settings\<user>) and then delete it from any other Administrator account, make a new one then copy the stuff back.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
If you have a corrupted account (user profile) where things are all messed up when you login or you can't login then follow the directions here to create a new account and copy all your user data over to it:

http://support.micro...om/?kbid=811151

charsiewb

charsiewb

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for the prompt reply guys. I restatrted my com and everything is back to normal..thanks!