Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Smart Short Self Test

• Please log in to reply

MarkS49675

MarkS49675

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,

I have an HP Media Elite 9000t computer. It has HP diagnostic tools. When I run the SMART Short Self Test after having installed Vista 32 anew, the test completes successfully. After I begin loading main-stream software (Adobe Photoshop, MS Office, etc.) and I rerun the test, it gets to 99% complete and just hangs there forever. What could be causing this. I don't think main stream software should cause this problem but what do I know.

Mark

Advertisements

gooiool

gooiool

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Hi,

I have an HP Media Elite 9000t computer. It has HP diagnostic tools. When I run the SMART Short Self Test after having installed Vista 32 anew, the test completes successfully. After I begin loading main-stream software (Adobe Photoshop, MS Office, etc.) and I rerun the test, it gets to 99% complete and just hangs there forever. What could be causing this. I don't think main stream software should cause this problem but what do I know.

Mark

system specs.?
1st how much ram do you have ? Adobe Photoshop, MS Office use a lot system resources .

MarkS49675

MarkS49675

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
3 Gig Ram. 500gb HD.

gooiool

gooiool

• Pip
  • 6 posts
What Version of Adobe Photoshop, MS Office do you have are they Vista ready ?
2nd : can you run a memory test ? http://www.memtest.org/ You will need to burn this to Cd then go in Bios and change you boot to Cd 1st not HD .