Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer lagging... not sure why :(

• Please log in to reply

ike4lovin

ike4lovin

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey all. I'm having a pretty big problem with my HP Pavilion HDX laptop... at random times during use, it tends to lag. I'll be watching a video, and the frame rate slows down, but the audio doesn't. Then I'll try to open Firefox or another application, and it will take forever... but the thing is, it's like my video will skip frames, and I won't get the full animation of a program opening. This seems to happen when I lay it on my stomach on top of a couple of pillows to prop it up, so I'm thinking it might be an overheating problem? I'm running Vista 64 bit edition if that helps.

Thanks in advance for any help. :)

PS - It's been happening lately as the power cord accidentally disconnects from my laptop. Not sure if that would help or not, but I thought I'd add it anyways.

Edited by ike4lovin, 26 April 2008 - 11:32 PM.

Advertisements

charge06

charge06

• PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
how much ram does ur computer have. the more the better, since you have 64-bit u can have 4+g of ram.