Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

It's Not Cheating

• Please log in to reply

burntchips

burntchips

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
A friend of mine sent me this link: www.itsnotcheating.com.au

Does anyone have anything kind to say about Office 07? Is it worth it to upgrade from 03 (taking that $75 price tag into consideration)?

After all, when ever someone says that it isn't cheating, you know for sure that it is.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
With respect this is a forum to help with computer & software problems -- what's yours?

If you want to start a discussion or a debate, the appropriate section is here:
http://www.geekstogo...ssion-f115.html

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Administrator
  • 20,959 posts
  • MVP
burntchips,

As I understand it, you're not starting a debate but asking 2 questions.

1) Is this site legal?

There is a link on the site to this Microsoft page, which outlines the offer in detail. If you are indeed a TAFE or uni student (or faculty/staff), you should qualify:

This offer is only available to eligible students, staff and faculty who possess a valid email address at an educational institution geographically located in Australia. This offer is non-transferable. Limit one purchase per eligible person.

On that page, there is a link to the list of schools that are eligible, as well as some additional rules.

2) I've had no issues with Office 2007. While Office 2003 is perfectly adequate, that's a pretty good deal for upgrading. According to the Microsoft page, the full retail price is $1150 (AUD). If you are indeed eligible, I'd say it would probably be worth it. I wouldn't consider lying about being eligilble, however, as you would have to reimburse Microsoft for the full retail price.

burntchips

burntchips

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
[bleep] that is exactly the kind of reply I was looking for. From your advice I did indeed purchase it and it is pretty rad. I don't think it will run on my eee pc tho.

I'm going to enter this contest too. I don't really get what the guy on that site gets tho.

Thanks again for the info.