Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

"LOST"? My Slave/D:\ Drive?

• Please log in to reply

jmac0408

jmac0408

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Had a scheduled Acronis backup begin when I remembered/noticed that a P2P utility was not shut down so, literally seconds after the backup had begun, I shult down the P2P.
Immediately got a popup from Acronis advising that the backup could not be completed/continued.

Inititated Acronis manually to restart the backup and it advised that the imaging process could not be done because the D: drive (the destination HDD for the backup) was not formatted!!! The popup console/window asked whether I wished to format the D: drive now??

I seem to have lost all the data on the slave drive in a matter of seconds!!! What the [bleep] is going on??

Please offer some counsel or method(s) to resolve this issue, if available!!

Any suggestions/tips etc. will be greatly appreciated!!

Regards,

jmac0408

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,307 posts
Can you see the drive if you look at it with explorer?
And does it have anything on it?

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
try this...
You must Log on as administrator or as a member of the Administrators group.
Click Start... click Run... type compmgmt.msc... and then click OK.
In the console tree... click Disk Management. The Disk Management window appears. Your disks and volumes appear in a graphical view and list view.

To troubleshoot this issue... rescan the disk to try and return the disk to Online status. To rescan the disk... open Computer Management... and then click Disk Management. On the Action menu... click Rescan Disks.
For a complete list of disk and volume status descriptions and troubleshooting procedures... see Disk Management Help. In the Disk Management snap-in or Computer Management window... click Help on the Action menu.