Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Attempting To Start up in Vista

• Please log in to reply

Lisandra

Lisandra

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,

I have a HP Pavillion DV 9000 laptop that runs Windows Vista. Yesterday when I attempted to start it up it tries to go through the process and then shuts down and restarts again. Repeating the same thing all over again. It nevers gets to the desktop page. In order to stop this process and shut it down all the way I have to hold the power button down for a couple of seconds for a full manual power off. In safe mode it starts up just fine but when restarting I get the same issue. Sometimes when I shut it down manually it starts up with no problem. But again when I need to restart it I get the same thing.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks
Lisandra

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hello Lisandra...

Have you tried running a System Restore to a date before you began having this problem? Sometimes a bad update can cause problems of this nature and restoring to a previous registry will remove the update and give you another chance at getting a good one.

wannabe1

Lisandra

Lisandra

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Yes it did solve the problem.

Thanks

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Glad that sorted the problem for you... :)

koolluke02

koolluke02

• Pip
  • 3 posts
hello i am having problems with my hp pavillion dv6000 it tried to start but kept shutting down and up and on and on. I called tech support but got some guy from india he led me through a few steps but it didn't help he told me to take off the back plates on the computer and take out the chips but when i put them back in the screen would not show anything it remained black and that is where i stand now. the computer turns on but there is not display on the moniter nothing at all. its a week old i wonder if anyone can help!! luke