Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Sygate is blocking everything

• Please log in to reply

Beetrix

Beetrix

• PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
I added Sygate as my firewall. Now it blocks my web site builder and won't let me upload my pages to my website. In my Favorites I can't view any pages and most web sites I try to visit won't even open including Myspace. I keep getting pop up windows constantly and want to remove it already. I don't know much about firewalls, but would appreciate any help. :)

Edited by Beetrix, 27 April 2008 - 07:33 AM.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Sygate is probably the worst offender for bombarding the user with alerts.
Temporarily enable the Windows Firewall and try the free version of Comodo instead: http://www.personalf....com/index.html

Remember to disable the Windows Firewall when the Comodo one is up and running if the Comodo installer doesn't do it for you.

Another alternative is ZoneAlarm, although it seems to be losing it's crown as the "number 1" free firewall:
http://www.zonealarm...sku_list_za.jsp

Edited by pip22, 27 April 2008 - 05:37 PM.

Beetrix

Beetrix

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
Here is my problem. Everything was working fine with no blocking of anything except I kept getting pop ups on Sygate, so Sat. morning I decided to un~install it and try ZoneAlarm. It blocked most pages in my favorites including my web site. Then, I un~installed that and put back Sygate, but it was too late and I am still being blocked. I don't know how to disable Windows Firewall either.
Oh, what did I do? :)

Edited by Beetrix, 28 April 2008 - 11:04 AM.