Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Excel launching in my IE browser

• Please log in to reply

mickrus

mickrus

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Can some one please help me. Orininally I had Microsoft ME with IE6 and office 97. with this I could download bank statements from my online banking and view and edit in excel.
I have since upgraded and my new computer has Microsoft XP with IE6 and I have installed office 97. Now when I try and download a statement, it just opens excel in my browser. The troble with this is that all the information from each trasaction is in one cell and not in columbs as a normal spread sheet.
Is there any way of stopping my browser opening excel and leting me download and save instead.
I hope I have explained myself well, it is hard when you do not know what you are talking about.
Thanks in advance for any help anyone may provide. I am sure there is a simple answer when you know what it is.
mickrus

Advertisements

Guest_jake6535_*

Guest_jake6535_*
Just disable/uninstall the Excel plugin.

Can some one please help me. Orininally I had Microsoft ME with IE6 and office 97. with this I could download bank statements from my online banking and view and edit in excel.
I have since upgraded and my new computer has Microsoft XP with IE6 and I have installed office 97. Now when I try and download a statement, it just opens excel in my browser. The troble with this is that all the information from each trasaction is in one cell and not in columbs as a normal spread sheet.
Is there any way of stopping my browser opening excel and leting me download and save instead.
I hope I have explained myself well, it is hard when you do not know what you are talking about.
Thanks in advance for any help anyone may provide. I am sure there is a simple answer when you know what it is.
mickrus

View Post