Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems with IE and Firefox

• Please log in to reply

icerider

icerider

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
With IE, it'll work fine for a while, but at random times, when I open a new tab, it'll say Connecting... but nothing ever pops up. When that happens any new tabs that I open will have Connecting... and nothing shows up. I have to close IE and then open it again to fix it.

With Firefox, it takes really long to open new pages and to switch tabs.

I've scanned my computer for viruses and spyware, and I've also reinstalled both browsers, but the problems don't go away.

Advertisements

CamTheMan

CamTheMan

• PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
Do you have any toolbars that are installed that may cause lag?

My advice is let the Malware Team take a look:

First follow the steps here, then post your HiJackThis log here and begin the troubleshooting.

Good luck and I'm here to help if you need it just reply to this topic and I'll get an email others will be here to help as well so don't worry. :)

icerider

icerider

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
I got the Malware Team to look at it, and they said my computer is clean.

I only have the StumbleUpon toolbar installed.