Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Running two 9600 GT XXX Video Cards

• Please log in to reply

scottybud44

scottybud44

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I built a new computer and i purchased a NVIDIA 9600 GT XXX video card. Would it be worth the money to purchase another NVIDIA 9600 GT XXX or should i save my money????????

and if i do purchase this, what drivers should i download

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi there,

It depends, really...

Do you have an SLI-ready power supply and motherboard? Are you running games and finding that you could do with more graphics power, and it is the bottleneck you wish to eliminate?

Cheers

Troy

scottybud44

scottybud44

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Hi there,

It depends, really...

Do you have an SLI-ready power supply and motherboard? Are you running games and finding that you could do with more graphics power, and it is the bottleneck you wish to eliminate?

Cheers

Troy

Yeah i have a 600W DarkSide Black PSU and a ASUS M2N-SLI Motherboard and with the graphics issue, i see games being made that require a nicer video card and the 9600 GT XXX video cards are cheap to get, but i dont know if it will improve the performance enough to make a difference.

Thanks

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi there,

If you're happy with the current performance of your system, then I would suggest to save up for now. When you find there are newer games coming out and your card can't keep up, then purchase a new card for the money you have saved.

Replace your old card with the new one you have purchased, then you may wish to sell the old one off second hand to contribute to the funds you used to buy a new good one in the first place.

Cheers

Troy