Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

converting audio discs to mp3

• Please log in to reply

bozzobozzo

bozzobozzo

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I need to convert some audio discs to mp3 files. I can burn mp3 files in Nero but I need to convert them first.

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hello bozzobozzo...

If you are running WMP 10 or 11, you can rip the audio cd's to the MP3 format and won't need to convert them further. You can also burn MP3's directly from media player.

You'll find the setting under the media player's "Tools" menu under "Options". Click on the "Rip" tab and select mp3 from the "Format" drop down menu.

wannabe1

bozzobozzo

bozzobozzo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Thank you..I have done that. Not sure how to transfer this to cd or flashdrive.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
If you use Media Player's burn feature, you can choose to make a play list and burn that...or you can select an entire album to burn. It's pretty straight forward.

To copy the music to another device, navigate to the folder you save the files to, select the files you want to copy, right click on them, point to "Send to" in the menu, and choose the device you want the files sent to.

bozzobozzo

bozzobozzo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
I have copied a trial cd to mp3 and it is in the library. When I right-click the file I do not get a "Send to" option. A box comes up with Play. Edit, Rate, Add to.....Untitled playlist, playlist1 and additional playlists.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
The Library is not where the files are stored, so you won't be able to manipulate them from there. You need to go to the actual folder they were saved to. Right click on the "file" shown in the library and choose "Open Containing Folder" (WMP10) or "Open File Location" (WMP11)...then you can copy them or send them.

bozzobozzo

bozzobozzo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
For some reason the files are "ripped to library". I have solved the problem..I can drag the files to "Sync" and they transfer to my flashdrive. Thanks for you help.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
:)

bozzobozzo

bozzobozzo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
I have made a donation. Your help is always appreciated.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Thank you very much...the donation will go to a good cause. :)