Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

help i uninstalled microsoft small business sr 2000 by accident

• Please log in to reply

donnag35044

donnag35044

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
i accidently uninstalled microsoft small business 2000 by mistake how can i open my word 2000 documents that i need is there a place where i can download microsoft word for free so i can retrieve my documents that i need my computer tech installed my programs after he put windows xp pro on my computer i have my windows xp pro cd will microsoft word be on that disc if not where can i get a free version i need microsoft word on my computer and my microsoft word was the only program that was in the microsoft small business 2000 sr program that worked will system restore bring back my microsoft word program?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Microsoft Word Viewer is a free download, this won't let you edit Word files but it'll let you view and print them.
http://www.microsoft...89-AB826E7B8FDF

Word is a commercial package. Any Word that you should find for download will be a non-genuine cracked copy that almost always comes with a trojan horse attached to it. Strongly not recommended.

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

OpenOffice will open your Word documents for you.

www.openoffice.org

Murray

donnag35044

donnag35044

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
hi thanks , i went and downloaded the viewer it did work to be able to open up the files so i copyied them and then pasted them to my works 8.5 word page and was able to recover everything i needed so if i need to edit in the future i can (thank god i have works 8.5 on my computer ) but i think next time before deleting anything i'm going to do some major researching to be sure of everything thats included in the paticular programs thanks guys i thought i was really up the creek on this issue but you helped me with a download link that inturn helped me fix this issue
thank god for this geeks to go furum and website cause i promise yall are truely computer file savers thank again guy my issue is hereby solved :) :)