Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

REAL Real Player problem

• Please log in to reply

hippiemind

hippiemind

• PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
I have had free real player for years. Recently I got a message to upgrade to a new free version. I removed all "Real" files from my computer and downloaded the new free Real Player 11 Gold exe. file. My problem comes as I try to install it.

When I try... I get to "copying files" which switches to " configuring system" and then I get the error msg " You currently do not have Administrative access to windows registry. Please see your System Administrator to install Real Player"

I have no idea what this means or how to get the installation going. :)

I thank you in advance for any ides or suggestions. :)

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
This appears to be an as yet unfixed problem affecting RealPlayer installations. The only (successful) fix I've seen was when someone decided to download it from the Japan website instead of their native UK website. Quite how they manage to use it with japanese dialog boxes (both the installer and the application) is anyone's guess! But you could pick another english-speaking country other than yours and give it a try -- they are listed along the bottom of their main web-page.

Edited by pip22, 28 April 2008 - 02:00 PM.

hippiemind

hippiemind

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
I will give it a try and let you know.....thanks

hippiemind

hippiemind

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

This appears to be an as yet unfixed problem affecting RealPlayer installations. The only (successful) fix I've seen was when someone decided to download it from the Japan website instead of their native UK website. Quite how they manage to use it with japanese dialog boxes (both the installer and the application) is anyone's guess! But you could pick another english-speaking country other than yours and give it a try -- they are listed along the bottom of their main web-page.

Tried the Austrailian version and got the same results....I have sent an email to Windows Support and will let you know what they say. :)