Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HELP ME :-( Nothing is working..

• Please log in to reply

avetter317

avetter317

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I turned on my computer yesterday morning, and it took a lot longer than usual. When it turned on, I noticed the background was changed and it says "Warning: Spyware threat has been detected on your PC. Your computer has several fatal errors due to spyware activity. It is strongly recommended to install an antispyware software to close all security vulnerabilities. Antispyware software helps protect your PC against spyware and other security threats." And then below that there is a link that says "CLICK HERE TO SCAN YOUR PC FOR SPYWARE..."

Well, I tried to click my internet explorer icon, and a pop up shows up and says: (null) The specified path does not exist. Check the path, and then try again.

So, I tried all of the other icons, and programs.. I got the same message.

Then I got on my other computer to get on this website, and I see that you can download free trials of spyware software..But I cant get on the internet on the laptop with the problems.

On the laptop(computer with issues), I also tried to go to the HELP & SUPPORT from the Start menu, but i get the same response: helpct.exe The specified path does not exist. Check the path, and then try again.

It also says it if I go to Accessories from the start menu and try to do the system restore..

I dont know what to do! This laptop is for work and I don't want to get fired over this!! Please help! :) How do I fix it???

Advertisements