Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

One more RAM question

• Please log in to reply

Darth Mike

Darth Mike

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hey to all:

Before you read my question keep in mind that I actually have the hardware that Im talking about and would a appreciate it if someone that also has it would answer becauseif your just assuming that you know what it is just by reading reviews you will just further delay the process of helping me here. Let me explain why. I HAVE a Foxconn Motherboard 945G7AD Core Series the first issue addressed is that the motherboard on the manual and on the box states quite clearly "Socket 775 Supporting Core 2 Duo, Dual Core, Pentium 4 and Celeron D Processors." Well you will be surprised to know that it wont support a Core 2 Duo or a Celeron D. At first this problem did frustrate me for long hours into days, but nohting compared to what happened next. So I gave up on my Core 2 Duo E6550 2.33 and went back to my Dual Core 3.0. After installing my OS WinXP 64 Bit I saw some useful utilities on my driver CD Fox Live Update being one of them. I quickly jumped into conclusions that maybe my motherboard BIOS was out of date and thats why my motherboard did not detect Core 2 Duo. I flashed it tried again and no dice (YES very frustrating) well everything happens for a reason. Anyway one thing did happen when I flashed the Board. I noticed on my Bios Start Up that I had Forgotten to pull out the extra 2Gb RAM that my motherboard did not detect before the flash since I had installed them without noticing that the motherboard only detect a total of 4Gb RAM. This time though it detected all 6GB, so I thought well, I dont have Core 2 Duo but at least I have 6Gb RAM. When I go into Windows though they are not detected and this is the thing. I got this 64 Bit for the only reason being that I could use more RAM to intimidate my fellow colleges but instead I have display of only 3.25 the same as i get in a 32 Bit OS so what gives? I would really appreciate any help on the matter whether it a fix for my processor or at least the RAM problem. Thanks allot for your time hope theres someone out there that experienced the same. :)

MSU :)

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
The 945G7AD only supports 4Gb of memory according to FoxConn. Not sure how you've managed to get it to see 6Gb of RAM since it only has four memory slots on it. Are you sure you have the right Foxconn board model?

XP 64-bit should be able to see up to 128Gb of memory. An option in the BIOS may free up the missing memory - an option along the lines of Memory Remapping should do it.

Darth Mike

Darth Mike

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

The 945G7AD only supports 4Gb of memory according to FoxConn. Not sure how you've managed to get it to see 6Gb of RAM since it only has four memory slots on it. Are you sure you have the right Foxconn board model?

XP 64-bit should be able to see up to 128Gb of memory. An option in the BIOS may free up the missing memory - an option along the lines of Memory Remapping should do it.

This is why I was saying that I need help from someone that has had the board. I know its a long shot but only someone that has can maybe have the same problems I have. Yes I have the correct board Im not a noob so I dont make those kinda mistakes. I have 4 Slots of RAM 2 x 2Gb 2 x 1Gb Crucial Memory. I read on the manual that the motherboard supports up to 4Gb RAM, and it did only detect that up until the last flash of the bios. After the flash I can see on my Bios the full amount of memory installed on my system but I cant see that amount on my Windows. I actually see less than the 4 Gb. 3.25 to be exactAttached File  Screen_Shot.bmp   23.39KB   58 downloads