Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Add anti-aliasing to old games?

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
I've recently bought a laptop which although it is not really meant for gaming it can comfortably play older games, e.g. original Half Life, GTA Vice City and so on. However because these games are quite old they do not have the option of anti aliasing in the graphics properties making a lot of the graphics pretty jagged. This isn't a problem on my main computer as i can use the antialias function in the nvidia control panel provided with the drivers for my gfx card. However my laptop doesn't have an option like this. Is there any way i can force anti aliasing upon the game as im confident my laptop would handle it and would greatly improve the look of my games. Maybe a third party application?. My graphics are Intel Integrated GM965 X3100 :)

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,588 posts
It requires the capability of the game AND video card to support that option. In your case, due to the integrated video, this isn't a possibility.