Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SCSI BIOS NOT INSTALLED

• Please log in to reply

osi370

osi370

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello,

I have recently purchased an IBM eserver 340, it has 2 HDD x 18gig, and Adaptec controller, it came without an OS, I am trying to install Windows XP, but it is giving me two errors before it even install the OS,
a) No SCSI boot device
b) SCSI BIOS not installed.

Any help would be higly appreciated, since I am very new to windows world so I have no clue about the BIOS configuration.

thanks
Osi370

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Welcome to Geeks2Go!

Go into the BIOS setup -- the "first boot device" is probably set to "SCSI" , but if no drive is connected to the SCSI controller card you will get those two errors. Change the first boot device to "CD-ROM" and you should be okay. Getting into the BIOS setup varies with different machines but is most commonly achieved by holding down the "Del" key as soon as the PC is switched on. It's the same procedure on most PCs, only the key you have to hold down might be different.

Edited by pip22, 28 April 2008 - 12:50 PM.