Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

MP3 player not detected

• Please log in to reply

i99i

i99i

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a problem...i recently got a mp3 player from my sister, and when i tried to put some files on it, i noticed that windows doesent detect it...the first time i plugged it in, it started that screen like "found new hardweare" so i just clicked to auto install it, and it finished successful...then i tried to access it trough my computer and there was no removable drive...i also went to disk management, and it is not listed there either...what should i do? in the device manager there is some "Actions USB 2.0 (HS) WinUSB Device", i think this is refering to my player, but i'm not sure...please help... :)

Thanks for your answers in advance,
i99i :)

Advertisements

wizzy2k5

wizzy2k5

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
Hello i99i and welcome to geeks to go.

This is most certainly odd as you should just be able to plug it in and it should work.
Do you when your sister got the mp3 player did it come with any discs? if so try installing them, if not try going to the manufactors website and download the latest ones.

If that does not work try plugging it in to a different usb port and see if you get the same issue, if you get the same issue what you can do is create a tempory user account and test it under that account. I know that may seem a odd request but we need to eliminate everything.

In regards to the "Actions USB 2.0 (HS) WinUSB Device" right click that and select update.

If that does not work try it in another machine if you can.

I hope I have been of some help for you.