Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

User Profile Service service failed to logon

• Please log in to reply

deekay_dk

deekay_dk

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
I just booted up my vista machine and was greeted with an error "vista User Profile Service service failed to logon" I only have one account I can log on to. I believe a windows update may of caused this but I am not sure. I looked online for some fixes, and it seems one possible fix is to boot into safe mode and use system restore to an earlier point but I now have a new issue.

I tap F8 to bring up the boot menu, but one the boot menu shows up I no longer have use of my keyboard to select safe mode ( I have tried almost every key to change it ). The keyboard is USB and unfortunately the computer has no PS/2 slots, only available.

So now I am unsure of what to do.

Advertisements