Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

printer problems

• Please log in to reply

justinhess

justinhess

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
hi all.i just got comp fixed,new hd and total revamp... and i went to go use my printer that i have and im havin troubles.its an averatec laptop,and i have used this printer with this comp before i am pretty sure but now as i try to find the printer and use it...when i plug in the usb cable and it does its auto read thing to install it.it keeps giving me errors as to how it cant find it online?its an hp psc 1410v all in one printer.if anyone can help me i would appreciate it.whatever relevant info i should post to help someone help me just lmk and im glad to provide it.thanks!

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Have you tried re-installing the printer driver and other hp printer software? When the comp was fixed and revamped the printer driver may have been removed or simply got corrupted somehow. A re-install of the driver should fix that.

justinhess

justinhess

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
thanks,im not real sure how to do that.i dont think i have the original cd for the printer anymore,and when my comp searches online automatically for it it doesnt find it.any ideas for this considering?
thanks

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
You don't need the CD.
Download driver from the HP website.
http://h10025.www1.h...r...ng=en&cc=uk