Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet connection

• Please log in to reply

Gooseneck

Gooseneck

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hey guys. I have service through my satellite company and have no problems with recieving according to the modem, however the sending light hardly flashes at all. I'm able to log onto the internet but only for about 15 minutes or so before it just starts timing out and saying there is no connection. Any ideas on what I should do ?? Thanks

Advertisements

Kniht

Kniht

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
Try contacting your ISP and relay the situation to them, it'd be a place to start at anyway.

Kniht

Kniht

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
One more thing (I should have put this in my previous post, getting late here and I ain't no Spring chicken) check the modem itself and be sure the little cooling holes are not clogged with dust. I had a similar problem and it was due to clogged modem holes. Use compressed air to blow out the holes.

When my modem got hot, web pages were slow to load and eventually timed out.

Gooseneck

Gooseneck

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
That's good to know, thanks Kniht I'll give it a try.