Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Case fans

• Please log in to reply

reubenb

reubenb

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I have just purchased a used Lian-Li PC65 case to build a new system. I already have another working system with the same case. Both cases are modded so that there are twin exhaust fans rather than the single fan which is standard on this model. Each of the fans on the new case have a single blue wire attached to a small three pin connector, in addition to the standard molex power connector. The fans on my other case do not have this. I assume that this is for speed control.
My question is will these fans work without connecting the control wire? I don't want or need the speed control.

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts
Hi there,

Are you able to tell what make/model the fans are?

All fans I've come across so far are able to be plugged in without using the speed controller, but it wouldn't hurt to double check.

Troy

reubenb

reubenb

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks. I sent a request to Antec about this, which I am pleased to report they answered VERY promptly. It's not a controller, it's a monitor which can be plugged into the MB to report the fan speed. It's not necessary.