Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help Plz

• Please log in to reply

SUHIPSUHIP

SUHIPSUHIP

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I am working on a friends cpu and he does not have internet access at his home due to financial issues besides that point i brought his cpu over to my house so i can install software but the software which is Sony Acid needs to connect to there sever to update the program...I am running a direct connect RoadRunner Modem the internet works perfectly fine on my cpu but when i tired connecting his cpu to my internet via direct connect it would not work. I tired the cmd ipconfig and got one reply and it was his automatic ip configuration numbers and nothing else. So then i tired releasing his ip address and got nothing once again. I went threw time warner tech support for 2 hrs with no help.. They told me that it could be his ports....Any help would be greatly appreciated....

Advertisements

Kniht

Kniht

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
Unplug the power to the modem. Connect your friends PC to the internet. Allow the modem remain off for about 10 minutes maybe more, maybe less. Reconnect the power to the modem. See if your friends PC will connect.

When you reconnect your PC, you'll have to do the same procedure.

SUHIPSUHIP

SUHIPSUHIP

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I will try that thx for the suggestion