Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

mp3 to cda titles

• Please log in to reply

ronnidonni

ronnidonni

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I recently had the need to convert some mp3 files to cda so they could be played on a non-mp3 savvy player(s). I found several programs and discovered the burning software with XP works just fine. Only problem is the artist and title of each track doesn't show up on the audio cd version. Using the XP software they will show up on wmp but not in My Computer. It just read track 01, track 02 etc.
Does anyone out there know what I'm missing or have any suggestions? It's really no biggie to me but I'm trying to convert some files for my boss and he wants to be able to see what is playing while driving.

Thanks

Advertisements

superstar

superstar

• PipPipPip
  • 718 posts
The first thing you need to do is rename all of the cda files you have to their actual names. If you don't know what the names of the songs are just find the same cd at http://www.cdnow.com [search for the title of the disc], click your chosen result, and it will list the track titles. After you've renamed every cda file play the first one in windows media player, click on the '"Library" tab, click "Now Playing" on the left hand side, and it will show you the song your playing in the main list. Now right click the title of the song your playing and choose "Advanced Tag Editor". A new window will pop up with tons of information you can add to the track including title, artist name, website info, album name, cd cover picture, etc. Copy the name of the actual cda track and paste in the title and do the same with the artist name in the artist section of the Advanced Tag Editor. Once your done filling in the information click the "Apply" button, close windows media player, and than play the same song again. This time you will notice that all of the information you entered is showing up in windows media player! The advanced tag editor isn't just for windows media player but it's actually so you can view all of this information on any personal hand held music player. Also great for making mp3 discs for your car!

Here's to your knew found glory with windows media players Advanced Tag Editor!

:)

Edited by superstar, 01 May 2008 - 01:10 PM.

ronnidonni

ronnidonni

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Whew!! That's a lot of stuff.
So if I do all those steps, does the info go onto the audio cd or do I need to burn another one? I'm not very knowlegable on this stuff. All my experience has just been ripping to mp3.
Just so you know we're going out of town this weekend and I won't be back to the forum most likely until Sunday night. I'll take our laptop but may not even fire it up. Just wanted to let you know so you didn't worry about me not responding right away to any more help I might get.

Best

superstar

superstar

• PipPipPip
  • 718 posts
You'd have to burn another one since the audio disc you already have is already burnt which means it is a "read only" disc not re-writeable. Even so you can't edit information that's already burnt to a disc. Let me know when your back if you continue to face further issues. & hey have a safe trip! Don't drink and drive... & if your driving late remember to stop off and sleep.

Edited by superstar, 02 May 2008 - 12:39 AM.

ronnidonni

ronnidonni

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Thanks. Gotta head out to work so will be trying this out probably early in the week. I'll keep you posted. No drink and drive here. WMWW and I are ex-alchies.

Best

superstar

superstar

• PipPipPip
  • 718 posts
Great I'll be here waiting! :)