Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE 6 SP6 link problem

• Please log in to reply

wewin1

wewin1

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have recently been having problems with my IE6. Whenever I click on a link that opens up another window, the page doesn't load at all. I would have to copy the link and past it in the address bar for it to load up. I have tried to repair IE6 with the methods shown on this forum but it still didn't fit it. I have run Ad-Ware SE Pro and McAfee Anti-virus and have not found anything on my system.

This is the current version of IE that I am using.

Version:6.0.299.2180.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519
cipher Strength: 128-bit

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

Try the following fix..

You cannot open a new Internet Explorer window or nothing occurs after you click a link

Murray

wewin1

wewin1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Well that fixed my problem, thanks. But I do have one question.
While I was doing the fix, my computer could not find Msjava.dll Is it ok to run without it, or do i need to find it on my windows CD? Again thanks for the help.

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

Windows doesn't come with Java anymore due to a falling out with Microsoft and Sun Microsystems..

Java is used on alot of websites so it would be a good idea to have it.. You can get the Windows plugin from the Sun website..

Murray