Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

RunDLL - error loading [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

mandatoryred

mandatoryred

• Pip
  • 2 posts
When restarting windows I get RunDLL error message as follows "Error loading C:\Users\****\AppData\Local\Temp\wvwwv.dll The specified module could not be found."

I did have Vundo virus which has been removed and this message started to appear at that time. I do not have any other problems and everything is fine when I accept message.

I would like to prevent error message from appearing, but haven't got a clue what to do!

Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Hello

Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune.
This program is for XP and Windows 2000 onlyDouble-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.
If you use Firefox browserClick Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
If you use Opera browserClick Opera at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.

Please visit this web page for instructions for downloading and running ComboFix

http://www.bleepingc...to-use-combofix

This includes installing the Windows XP Recovery Console in case you have not installed it yet.

For more information on the Windows XP Recovery Console read http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314058.

Once you install the Recovery Console, when you reboot your computer, you'll see the option for the Recovery Console now as well. Don't select Recovery Console as we don't need it. By default, your main OS is selected there. The screen stays for 2 seconds and then it proceeds to load Windows. That is normal.

Post the log from ComboFix when you've accomplished that, along with a new HijackThis log.

mandatoryred

mandatoryred

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Many thanks for the reply.

I am running vista, is there an alternative?

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
That works on Vista, just don't install the Recovery Console

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.