Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

the box to key in ID and Passwaord turn orange colour

• Please log in to reply

vianquah203

vianquah203

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hi, i'm new here and i have this problem with my gmail. The box that we are supposed to be key-in our ID and password had turn orange colour instead of the normal white. According to my colleague, that my laptop must be having a trojan, which causes all this. So i scan my laptop with AVG anti-spyware and got this trojan.online.games.thx. After deleting the trojan, i test the email pages and the box is still orange. I am worried about this as i frequently uses the e-banking services and i'm afraid that my password could be stolen.

Regarding the trojan.online.games.thx, i've read about one discussion regarding this trojan in this website too. According to the discussion, that if my laptop is infected with that particular trojan, i would not be able to view my hidden files. After deleting the trojan, i can to view all my hidden files. Therefore, i'm worried what had gone wrong. please help. thank you.

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Welcome to Geekstogo!
Do you by chance have the Google Toolbar installed? The "Autofill" function changes the color of boxes it is offering to complete for you, and that behavior is by design.
Johanna

vianquah203

vianquah203

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Dear Johanna,

I only have window live toolbar and i don't think that it "autofill" for me when i type in my ID, as i still have to type in all the alphabets by myself.
Even now that i key in my ID and password to login to Geeks-To-Go website, the box had turned orange too.

I am still puzzled. Thanks in advance for your help and time. I really appreciated it.