Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

dvd expander

• Please log in to reply

cameraqueen

cameraqueen

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
I am trying to connect a WD500 my book to a Scientific Atlanta 8300hd. The light shows solid on the hard drive and the dvr either does not show it exists or comes up with the device is not connected properly. One of the times I tried to reconnect it the light on the hard drive moved up and down but the cable box didn't boot properly. it would just count through numbers. Does anyone have any suggestions. I am using an esata cable to connect the two.
One forum said I need a true sata cable (i think) but I do not know what it means.
thanks Michelle

Advertisements

superstar

superstar

• PipPipPip
  • 718 posts
Try connecting via usb connection. It's not as fast as esata but should still work. Also note that some hard drive enclosures have chipsets that aren't compatible with certain devices/equipment. I would also contact the manufacturer of your DVR equipment. If worst comes to worst get an exchange for your external my book and buy a Seagate Free Agent Pro which has a superb chipset inside.

Edited by superstar, 01 May 2008 - 12:59 PM.