Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

adding my video folder at start menu right pane

• Please log in to reply

televisible

televisible

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am try to place a my video folder link to the right pane of the start menu.
can anyone one help me how to do it??

Posted Image
best Regard

Edited by televisible, 29 April 2008 - 11:27 AM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
It is not possible to put custom items in that section of the Start Menu.

However as the My Videos folder is typically a sub-folder of My Documents, what you can do is set My Documents up so that it shows a list of files and folders within it and at the top will be My Videos.

To do this, right-click on an empty section of the Task Bar -> Properties. Click Start Menu -> Customize -> Advanced. From here select the Radio button entitled "Display as a Menu" under the My Documents entry, then click OK and OK again.

televisible

televisible

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for your kindly reply. However, I really like to know how to do this for tweaking purpose. Once again, thanks for your help.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
That area of the Start Menu is a home for system folders - My Computer, My Documents and what not are System Folders. My Videos is not a System folder and therefore it cannot be added to that area of the Start Menu without performing all sorts of recoding of Windows which is illegal under your End User Licence Agreement anyway.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Actually, there is a registry tweak for this, but it's something you'll have to do on your own. It will take some experimenting to get it right so be sure to get a good back up of your registry before you start.

I have not used this tweak and it is definitely not endorsed by this site.

More Info Here