Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

oh joy, connectivity problems again...

• Please log in to reply

ian2mic

ian2mic

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
I'm back!! I didn't do anything like go on vacation or anything. All of a sudden, my laptop didn't want to connect to the internet. It says limited or no connectivity because "the network did not assign a network address to the computer"

I use a Linksys wireless card. I've tried all the usual suggestions that are on here. Last time the problem was with the Zone alarm firewall. But I don't believe that is the problem this time as I've had no alerts for weeks. Can someone help again? :)

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hi ian2mic, and welcome :)

Does it help to turn off the Zone Alarm Firewall? Try turning it off and then giving it a shot --- sometimes Zone Alarm does crazy things :)

Keep me updated and we'll see if we can narrow it down to the essence here. :)

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts
Just jumping in to give you the link to the old topic I was helping with:
http://www.geekstogo...s...t&p=1208278

In this topic there was the "Generic Host Process for Win32 Services" being blocked.
Can't hurt to (As Facedown said) turn off Zone Alarm to see if that's the crulpit.

It could be Zone Alarm not liking the DHCP server as I've had that before when I got the security turned up too much.

Regards,
Olrik

ian2mic

ian2mic

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Yeah, I'm the same person! :) Thanks, but I think there are a lot of issues with this computer. We've been able to get the wireless to work but then it will just stop working randomly. Something is making the Windows wireless networks idle and making the Linksys system be the only program able to connect. So we have to go in and make the computer recognize the windows networks to be able to connect. I know I didn't explain that well but anyway....I'm gettting new computer next week and hopefully, I won't have these issues any more, Thanks for everyones help.