Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ISO File Issue

• Please log in to reply

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts
Ok, this is about a few messed up ISOs.
My CDs of a game broke, (Dawn of War) so I got a friend to make an ISO of his disks and send that to me.
Now I think he didn't do it properly and copy pasted it (Not made an image of the disk) and now when it asks for Disk 2 it doesn't recognize the disk.
Is there any way to reproduce it?

Regards,
Olrik

Advertisements

Nemesis

Nemesis

• PipPipPip
  • 288 posts
the game might have protection. some of them will check to see if it's just copy and pasted and if the CD is legit so you might not be able to reproduce. You can certainly try to create an ISO out of it using UltraISO and then mounting it via Daemon tools to see if you can get the game to install. One very important thing is to check and see if your Disk 2 is named exactly the way it is on the real copy of your game. When attemping to burn CD 2 onto a new disk, make sure the name of the CD matches with the legit version.

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Topic Starter
  • Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts
Thank you nemesis.
I guess I'll have to get him to make a proper iso then.

Regards,
Olrik