Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

excel visual basic question

• Please log in to reply

arf

arf

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
Hi i have to write a program for a project.
Basically, its an optimization problem but for job assignments. there are 13 orders and 13 machines and solver needs to find which machine is optimal for which order. when solver outputs the solution, its in a table format where each column and row must only have one value of 1 and the rest are zeros (the 1 means that order should be used at that machine) . The trouble is that i need to use visual basic to enter the data in sheet2. sheet 2 has a table with all the orders listed and it needs to type in which machine that it should use. I can easily do this by searching the output table and seeing which order and which machine has a corresponding 1 under it and type it in sheet2, but i need visual basic to find the 1's from the output table and type the corresponding machine under each order. Anyone have any input?

Advertisements

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
Hello arf,

Is this homework or work-related?

You can try using find:
Excel Find Method in Excel VBA. How to Use Find in Excel VBA Macros

I don't know much about the setup, is there a row for every order and a column for every machine?