Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless Connection Problem

• Please log in to reply

marmora

marmora

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi evrybody
I have 3 Computers(desktop) connected wireless , 1 of them working with vista and the others with XP. There is a problem with 1 of the computers with XP, when I go to Network Connection from Control Panel I see 2 things
1- Wireless Network Connection and the statues is Connected with excellent signal.
2- Local Area Connection it is also connected but with error (A network cable is unplugged).

And the problem is : With this environment The wireless connected with an excellent signal strength to my network of 3 computers via wireless but still one of them will not open up any web pages, always (Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage), also I tried to disable the Local Area Connection but same thing.

Notes : If I connect wired in this computer every thing is ok and I can get to web pages.

This the wireless adapter I use (Aztech 802.11b/g usb 2.0 Adaptor)
Posted Image

Advertisements

TheQuickBrownFox

TheQuickBrownFox

• PipPipPip
  • 714 posts
Hi marmora. I hope I can help. :)

First, let's gets the facts strightened out to avoid confusion. Please tell me if I'm wrong or if you don't know.
You have 3 computers connected wirelessly to a router. Wirelessly, 2 of them can connect to the Internet/open web pages. One of them can't. If you connect the problem computer to the router (I'm assuming this is where you connected it) using a cable, it can open web pages.

Did you connect the problem computer using a cable to the router or to the modem?

If you connect the problem computer using a cable with the other computers still connected wirelessly, do all 3 have Internet connection?

Do all 3 computers use the same wireless adapter?

marmora

marmora

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thank you ditrackster for you replying

:) Yes, all u said is coorrect, I connect the problem computer using a cable to the one device which it is a modem and router in the same time.
Also I use the same wireless adapter with other computers it works ok and try other adapter in this computer but doesnt work :) :)

TheQuickBrownFox

TheQuickBrownFox

• PipPipPip
  • 714 posts
Ah ok. So you have a built in modem in your router.
Let's gather more information so we can troubleshoot better.

Please tell me the model of your router.

Please do the following:
1. On the problem computer, go to Start->Run. A box will appear. Type in "cmd" then click OK. A window with black background will appear.
2. In there, type ipconfig /all. Press Enter.
3. Right click on the background and click Mark. Highlight everything that came out and post that in your next reply.
4. Do the same for the working computer. Use the one with Win XP. :)

Please be sure to label which ipconfig output belongs to which computer. Thanks :)

Edited by ditrackster, 30 April 2008 - 01:56 AM.

marmora

marmora

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi ditrackster
Thank u for ur intrest in my problem , the problem is solve

Edited by marmora, 08 May 2008 - 09:59 AM.

marmora

marmora

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
The model of the router is : Aztech DSL605EW

the details in this link http://www.aztech.co...l_dsl605ew.html

TheQuickBrownFox

TheQuickBrownFox

• PipPipPip
  • 714 posts
Are the computers in your house? Or are they somewhere else like school or office?
Maybe you don't have the proper proxy settings. In my school for example, I need to configure a proxy setting whenever I connect to the network there. Otherwise, I cant connect to the Internet.

xheezy04

xheezy04

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Try flushing out the DNS information from your computers..

Go to command prompt and type "ipconfig /flushdns"

Or your internet options are set to use a proxy.. Try checking them and turning them off

marmora

marmora

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
At last the probleb solved , just uninstall the Adaptor software then install it again.

Thank you ditrackster, xheezy04 for your helping.