Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

trojandownloader.xs - again [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

boatload61

boatload61

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Thanks for the help! I had previously installed Firefox, and I've replaced avast! with AntiVir.

I've downloaded and installed both of the Spyware (Guard and Blaster).

However, it seems I have a significant amount of spyware stuff on the computer: SpywareGuard, SpywareBlaster, PC Tools Spyware Doctor, and Spybot. At this point, I'm running both Spyware Doctor and Spybot in resident mode. And it looks like SpyGuard is running resident as well. Well, If I should only run one resident, which should I choose? Do I really need all of these tools????

Thanks again!

Advertisements

boatload61

boatload61

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
ignore this post - couldn't delete it.

Edited by boatload61, 04 May 2008 - 10:41 PM.

Mike

Mike

Malware Monger

• Retired Staff
  • 2,745 posts
Hi there boatload61,

Let's see if I can sort this out. :)

I personally believe that, between AntiVir, ZoneAlarm and Spyware Blaster, you have enough protection already, if you maintain safe browsing habits and common sense (i.e not opening files that you don't know from your emails etcetera).

It is really your choice if you want to disable or remove two programs and use the one you choose with resident mode enabled but I would simply disable Spyware Doctor and Spybot Search and Destroy and use them as "on demand" scanners (e.g. Scanners you use only when you want to, not running in the background). So in short, no you do not need all these tools and it would definetaly increase your PCs' performance if you disabled or removed them, just make sure you don't click on any suspicious things!.

Hope this helps,

Mike

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.