Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Post your workstation

• Please log in to reply

FadeToBright

FadeToBright

• PipPip
  • 65 posts
Posted Image

temp. setup. We're redoing my bedroom (not the room this picture was taken in). So I'm stuck in the smaller, spare bedroom for a week or two. :)

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
My "FEMA Tin Can" setup since Hurricane Katrina:

[attachment=20324:P5010008.JPG]

Ron

Edited by Major Payne, 01 May 2008 - 07:26 AM.

Tal

Tal

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 2,138 posts
Mine is pretty simple compared to yours... BTW Ron I just love these Logitech Trackballs. I had one and it broke down after about 4 years of use. I really loved it!

Posted Image

Edited by Tal, 01 May 2008 - 09:52 AM.

**Brian**

**Brian**

Semper Paratus: Always Ready

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts
I have two machines. One named Oddessy, and One named Madison. They are pictured below, sized appropriately

Oddessy (Main Machine - Runs in my Bedroom)

Posted Image

Madison (Backup Machine - Runs in my LivingRoom)

Posted Image

Oddessy, is the machine that I would do most if not all of my work on. If someone was online with Oddessy, I would then go to Madison. Oddessy joined me in late 2007 as a replacement for my aging HP Pavilion 8860. Almost all of the parts from my 8860 were salvaged (drives) from my older machines to build Madison up again - I paid $40 USD for her and she was returned to me in late March of 2008. Madison is running Office 2007 Enterprise Edition, While Oddessy Runs my Office 2002.

How many people other then me, have multiple machines that they use - This is just for my curiosity??

Brian

Edited by **Brian**, 02 May 2008 - 05:39 AM.

wildchild2

wildchild2

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
This is where I spend most of my time, usually late into the night.

[Posted Image

Posted Image

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts

How many people other then me, have multiple machines that they use - This is just for my curiosity??

Hi Brian,

I run three machines - all are listed in my profile.

• Workstation called "MAILMAN" - setup in my workshop, complete with KVM switch for fixing other computers.
  • Home (Gaming) System called "BORISTHEWALRUS" - setup in the main office area on a really nice large desk.
  • Notebook for university called "LAPPIE-PC" - which doesn't really have a home, per se. I'll throw it anywhere there's space if I need to work with it.
I'll get some shots and post them some time, to bring my post in line with this thread. :)

Troy

The Admiral

The Admiral

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 1,067 posts
The first picture is my mom's laptop, formerly my graduation present. It's a Lenovo N100, a great little machine. I named it JANE, after the sentient artificial intelligence in the Ender series. After the change in ownership, I convinced her to name it ANDREW, after the "Bicentennial Man"

The second one is the family's main computer station. Our old computer was an E-machines E-Tower, so we named this computer in it's honor, ETOWER. This is where my mom does all of her digital scrapbooking. You can find her kits on her blog, and here is her gallery. In the picture and out of the frame, we have three external hard drives, a flash storage reader, speakers, a webcam for talking to dad at work, a turntable for digital record conversion, a wacom tablet for scrapbooking designs, a laser printer and a photo printer. And, as you can see, all her crap.

The last picture is my baby, GISKARD. Technically, depending on the OS I'm logged into, it's named GISKARD-XP, GISKARD-VISTA, giskard-f9, and giskard-osx, but I just call him Giskard. I don't have a gaming computer, because Giskard is equipped with an nVidia 8600M GT with 512MB of VRAM, and 3GB of regular RAM. It hurts to think that I might need to replace him in a couple of years. :)

Also in our house is a Dell 1100 that the sibs use for homework, a Powerbook G4 that I do some musical work on, my dad's Dell Latitude D630 that his school's MBA program gave him, my dad's ThinkPad T61p that his work gave him, his two Apple G4s in the studio, and my little sisters "cube" (custom-built micro ATX computer) that is running edubuntu. :) I think that's all.

(I'd post pictures of my workstation at Dell, but they're pretty strict about cameras, what with the leaked pictures of the XPS 720 from a while back. haha)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by The Admiral, 24 November 2008 - 10:19 PM.

FadeToBright

FadeToBright

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
Posted Image

**update**