Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

windows update Error number: 0x80070002

• Please log in to reply

mrq201

mrq201

• PipPipPip
  • 252 posts
I think this is where i have to post this. This is really getting on my last nerve. I have a windows vista laptop and everytime i try to go to the windows update site i get this

The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem.
For self-help options:

Frequently Asked Questions

Find Solutions

Windows Update Newsgroup
For assisted support options:

Microsoft Online Assisted Support (no-cost for Windows Update issues)

Read more about steps you can take to resolve this problem (error number 0x80070002) yourself.

I have tried using explorer 7 and also the latest version of firefox. Does anyone know why this is happening??

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
In Vista Windows Update has its own option in the Control Panel. All that happens when you visit windows/Microsoft Update in IE7 is that it opens the appropriate Control Panel icon. Therefore go straight to Windows Update in the Control Panel.

mrq201

mrq201

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts
So the only way for me to see if updates are available are to go into control panel and then click windows update??

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Well that's all that happens when you visit Windows Update in Vista anyway - you're just skipping the traditional route.