Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Slow Startup + Other Problems

• Please log in to reply

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
According to the PCPitStop report, your system needs some help. Follow the directions for the first five performance improvements, see if they help.

Also, in the Software section, it shows 9 programs that can be disabled so they won't start at boot time. Check through them and see if you can in fact disable them. Every one that does not run means more computer resources for the ones you do want to run.

It also shows 11 more that can optionally be disabled, depending on your usage.

Advertisements

Consequence

Consequence

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Hey I just wanted to say thanks for your help on the pcpitstop info, but im still not finished doing what your requested.

So Far Ive done:

CPU Load Test- by using Start | Programs | Administrative Tools | Services, msconfig, and in the progress of uninstalling programs.

Temporary File Analysis- by doing disk cleanup, and clearing IE8/7 and Firefox's cache+browsing history

Disk Speed Test (Drive F:)- Defragment, and im about to try other solutions pcpitstop offers.

System Restore Capacity- http://pcpitstop.com...ort=Performance

And for Internet Receive Buffer Test- I didnt even bother with that yet but im thinking about buying PC Pitstop Optimize

I will post a reply with the pcpitstop test again so you can see if that can help you.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
PC PitStop Optimize will really not buy you anything more than what you can do manually. I think it's a waste of money.

Consequence

Consequence

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Hey im sorry i havnt been keeping my posts up to date, ive been trying to keep myself occupied playing 360 since my computer isnt doing much on me. Ive ran another pcpitstop scan but I cant find were to post the information and give it to you like I did last time.

Btw on the results under system it says my CPU Usage was 100% and I went to Taskmanager, and when I went to the CPU tab under processes it says that this one item is using about 92-99 CPU.. Ive added some images that might help you better.

Also I removed + disabled a couple of things but it wouldn't allow me to remove anything from the system32 folder I will also try to add a attachment of that too.

Attached Files

Edited by Consequence, 12 May 2008 - 11:37 AM.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
See my previous post for info on PCPitStop.

Did you complete all the cleanup steps suggested?

Consequence

Consequence

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Theres the Performance tab too

Attached Files

Consequence

Consequence

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
http://www.pcpitstop...XXBTWSFZRGSUDX9

And theres an attachment of what happens when I try to delete the items required from pcpitstop from system32.

Also, no i didnt complete all cleanup steps suggested... or atleast I dont think/ remember I did.

Attached Files

Edited by Consequence, 12 May 2008 - 12:05 PM.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Where in PCPitStop does it tell you to delete files from the system32 directory? That does not sound like a good idea to me.

Consequence

Consequence

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Under the Subsytem catagory when you scroll if you click system they give you a list of items and a couple of them are in system32

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
I don't mean to be dense, but I don't see a subsystem anywhere, on your TechExpress link or on my own. Can you tell me how you get there? I thought I knew a reasonable amount about PCPitStop but I'm beginning to think I missed that part of my training here :)

Advertisements

Consequence

Consequence

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
just go to this link http://www.pcpitstop...XXBTWSFZRGSUDX9

then scroll down and you will see a list of stuff that says: system, memory, disk, video, etc. and if you click windows it gives you a list of some stuff to delete. I can get a screenshot if you need me to show you were it says to disable/ delete the files though.

Consequence

Consequence

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Does anybody else have any other suggestions for my pc? I think Ztruker is on a vacation :). But seriously does anybody have any suggestions?

Consequence

Consequence

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
doessss anybody have any other suggestions i really dont want to go to a different tech site to get the help =[

Consequence

Consequence

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
well i guess you can close this thread now.