Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cannot right click on desktop

• Please log in to reply

usnavy

usnavy

• Pip
  • 2 posts
ok im having a problem thats really pissing me off, i have no ablity to right click on my desktp when ever u try i need to change my desktop or place a new folder it crashes explorer
plz help me on this its so messed up and anoying

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Welcome to Geeks2Go!

You may find a fix from one of the suggestions here:

http://www.winvistaclub.com/t41.html

http://windowsxp.mvp...wrightclick.htm

(Mods - these links are not to other forums. I know that's frowned upon here - quite understandably)

Edited by pip22, 02 May 2008 - 03:15 PM.

usnavy

usnavy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
none of the methods for both sites worked

pjsuther

pjsuther

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
I have the same problem, but only with the non-Windows icons on the Desktop. Tried disabling several of the shell extensions, and while it seemed to speed up the response time (especially disabling the Nvidia shellex), still get the Explorer crash. All Desktop extensions were Microsoft - could it be one of theirs?

pjsuther

pjsuther

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Disabling ALL the non-Microsoft shell extensions (about a dozen or so) did the trick! Now all I need to do is go back and enable them one at a time to see which one was the "habitual offender."

Thanks very much!

:)