Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Task bar slow to respond

• Please log in to reply

Picky

Picky

• PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
I did some work on a friends PC and I'm puzzled by one thing. When you boot up it takes 3 or 4 minutes for the task bar to respond. You can click on the start button, quick launch Icons, the time anything it just won't respond until it is ready. The funny part is, anywhere else on the screen you can do anything you want, click on the icon and go on line, open programs, right click for the dialog box. It is just the task bar at the bottom that won't respond for that amount of time. I have closed out all the start up programs at MSCONFIG and it changes nothing. I have cleaned out all spyware, defragged, and numerous other things that would make you start slow. It is just the task bar that won't respond for 3 or 4 minutes everything else is fine. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks Picky

Advertisements

Kniht

Kniht

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
Just a suggestion, try opening task manager, ctrl-alt-delete, and look in processes for something causing high cpu usage during the time the task bar is in limbo.

Picky

Picky

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
I already did that. There is absolutely nothing running a process at that time. Idle was 99%

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,065 posts
Give the Taskbar Repair Tool Plus! a try: http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/taskbarplus!.htm