Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Connection Problem

• Please log in to reply

Bradyt32

Bradyt32

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My home computer can't connect to my internet (I have Charter Cable). When you try to connect to says "limited to no connectivity".
It has a good IP address. I have tried going through the router as well as by passing the router while going computer to modem but NOTHING WORKS. When it is at my house the router WAN light is "fast flashing" but when I take it to other places (my friends house, the gym, etc) it is a solid link which means it has a connection. Do you think the router is bad or has something set to take only cable and not DSL? Same for the computer, is there a way it is set different for DSL? Charter has been out two times now and still can't figure out what is going on? I know at the gym/my friends house they have DSL instead of cable. Would that matter?

Do you have any suggestions or ideas? Charter says they think the ethernet card in the computer is bad but if that was the case how would it work at the gym or my friends house? Are there any settings on the computer to check or any other suggestions?

I AM SO FRUSTRATED.......This has been going on for a WEEK!

Advertisements

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts
Hello bradyt32,

Please go to start and hit run.
in the white box, type CMD.
When the black box appears type "ipconfig /release"
Then when thats done, type "ipconfig /renew"

If that doesn't work please do the following steps.

In the black box type "ipconfig/all"
right click the black box and hit "Mark"
select all the information visable to you in the black box,
right click and hit "copy" and put the information into your next reply.

If you have any questions feel free to ask, we're here to help! :)

Regards,
Olrik