Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

31 Days of the Dragon Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply

Alex_McIntosh

Alex_McIntosh

• PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
That helped alot mate, harrythook, really did comfuse me with that, i got it before, adn you jsut gave me an excellant idea :)

Good luck everyone!!!!!!!

Advertisements

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
I was thinking about jumping out of a plane with the logo on my jumpsuit but the wife will not let me.. she said it cost to much to jump, and I told her the $136.00 dollar fee is nothing to the laptop I could win.

So I will probably end up with some lame picture :) :)

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

I was thinking about jumping out of a plane with the logo on my jumpsuit but the wife will not let me.. she said it cost to much to jump, and I told her the $136.00 dollar fee is nothing to the laptop I could win.

So I will probably end up with some lame picture

and you do everything your wife tells you to?.....wait...that actually sounds pretty smart....i bet it cuts down on arguments and head trauma.....i might have to try it..

CamTheMan

CamTheMan

• PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
I wonder how they will do the random selection? Wirte down all member names participating and close the eyes and point finger at one?

Thanks,
Cam

Tal

Tal

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 2,138 posts
No... My best guess is that they'll number each member then run then input them into a random-number-maker, which will do the choice.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
actually we will use the post number that corresponds to your entry post. the post number is shown at the top right of each post

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
There will be a computer generated number starting with #3 and ending with the number of the last submission. Any posts in that thread without a picture will be deleted so that all pictures are sequential.

Completely random.

And for clarification, dsenette may say "we" in his post, but he is eligible to win this prize like anyone else. The Admin team is the sole judging group for this contest, we are the only ones who will be involved in the drawing process and we will not be allowed to compete, the rest of the staff along with the membership are allowed.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
yeah. i meant the royal we

Tal

Tal

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 2,138 posts
Thanks for clarifying.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
The grand prize winner (HP Dragon notebook) will be a random post that meets the contest criteria. From the pool of replies, a post number will be drawn using random.org.

The best picture and video prizes will be judged by the admin team. Each will receive Windows Vista Ultimate (full retail).

Advertisements

pedroL

pedroL

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hi there!

First of all thanks for the great oportunity!

I have a question about the hosting...
Is it mandatory to host the picture in the sites suggested?
Can't I just host it in the "space" my ISP provided me?

Another question...
How many G2G logos can we use in the same picture? Just one?

Thanks for the help!

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
The hosting links are just suggestions. Feel free to host whereever you'd like.

There is no limit to the number of logos. But, the intent of the contest was one.

pedroL

pedroL

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

The hosting links are just suggestions. Feel free to host whereever you'd like.

There is no limit to the number of logos. But, the intent of the contest was one.

Thanks!

Matt Sharpe

Matt Sharpe

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I've submitted my entry, geeks to go helping me make a cup of tea! Hope you like it. Matt

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
http://www.geekstogo...s...t&p=1236944 <---hehe i like that one....funny