Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

31 Days of the Dragon Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply

BINOY XAVIER JOY

BINOY XAVIER JOY

• Pip
  • 3 posts

HEY this cant happen .... this is cheating!!! the winner dint even take the print out of the logo :) .....ANyway congrats mnkb...

How was this cheating? If you read through the rules, it DOES state that you may "print" to your screen, by using it as your wallpaper or whatever. The winner used the logo on a website, then had that site opened on their monitor... and TOOK A PICTURE of it. All four Admins deemed it to be a legitimate entry. We were very careful when checking through them all.

Ohh.....!!!! I lost again.......!!!!! :) HDX Dragon was my dream!!!!!!..... If i would have won that ...it would have been my first lappy..... I am fed up witH my deSktop..!!!!

Advertisements

barbarabaker

barbarabaker

• Pip
  • 5 posts
MNKB...CONGRATUALATIONS!!!!!! Enjoy that monsorous beauty!!!!

no-sweat

no-sweat

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Well congrats there. I'm kinda getting annoyed with these contests… it seems like people that win the contests don’t follow the rules exactly. In this case, the rules did say to print it. But oh well… I guess for the rest of them I’ll bend the rules, and then maybe I’ll win!!!! :)

Edit: Well nevermind, now I see the "Update: If you don't have a printer, display on a monitor or other device is allowed." ... looks like it was added after I read through the rules.

Oh well! :)

Edited by no-sweat, 21 May 2008 - 06:51 AM.

Crumb

Crumb

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Woohoo! :) congrats

Connor D

Connor D

• PipPip
  • 83 posts
When's the winner's of Vista announced?

Connor

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
The rest of the admin team generally comes online in the afternoon. I'm sure well get together then and make a determination.

Ruben32

Ruben32

• Pip
  • 2 posts
1. Entries will only be accepted in this forum topic. Entries in any other areas of the site will be void.
2. ONE entry per person. Those entering more than once will be disqualified (it's easy to catch).
3. Only a photo OR video entry may be submitted, not both.
4. Contest dates and times: 12:01am CDT May 13th - 11:59pm CDT May 20th (this topic only open during the contest).
5. Geeks to Go is a family friendly site. Any images submitted that break this rule will be disqualified and removed.
6. Images that have been digitally enhanced or manipulated are not allowed. No Photoshop or other photo editing software allowed.
7. Do not do anything illegal or irresponsible to win this contest, it's not worth it. If we find that a law was broken, the submission will be discarded. Be responsible please.
8. All images submitted to the contest become the property of Geeks to Go and will be displayed for everyone to see. Remember your own personal privacy and safety when taking these pictures.
9. The Grand Prize Winner will be notified immediately at the conclusion of the contest, using the email address used to register.
10. This is an International competition. All members and staff are eligible to win.

Now, I see those as the rules. I have not seen *anywhere* where it states that you can "print" the logo on your screen. I would call that display, but who am I to be saying this. This really does upset me quite a bit, but I am not an admin on this site, neither do I have a saying on who wins. But that is unfair, as I see it. And that is my opinion, yet again, congrats to the winner, mnkb.

Edited by Ruben32, 21 May 2008 - 10:15 AM.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Where does it say you can't?

The official submission topic was updated shortly after the contest began. We never intended to exclude people without printers. We were concerned about photo editing mostly out of coyright concerns for the materials being altered. An original picture containing the logo was the main criteria.

(emphasis added)

Simply print the Geeks to Go logo. Display it in an unusual, creative or funny place and take a picture or video of it. Update: If you don't have a printer, display on a monitor or other device is allowed. Reminder, no photo editing software allowed. Reply in this topic (free registration required) with your picture or video. From the pool of contestants who properly enter the logo competition, a random entry will be chosen as the Grand Prize, HP "Dragon" notebook winner... In addition, the entries judged as the Most Creative Photo and Most Creative Video will be awarded Windows Vista Ultimate (full retail), courtesy of Geeks to Go. Have some fun with it! Take the logo somewhere interesting, exciting, or strange. Submit only a photo OR a video, not both. One entry per person.

I'm sorry you don't agree with the decsion. There are still a number of contests remaining. Good luck!

keithr128

keithr128

• PipPipPip
  • 796 posts
Congratulations to the winner.
I vote for this one to get the most creative picture award.
Zoom in on the image and look at the card closely.

Edited by keithr128, 21 May 2008 - 12:03 PM.

Chopin

Chopin

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
:) That's pretty strong, though I don't think Blair would approve of being a Pokemon :)

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
I've started a new thread for contest feedback. We'd appreciate hearing from you. :)

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts

The rest of the admin team generally comes online in the afternoon. I'm sure well get together then and make a determination.

...and who's afternoon was that? :)

It's unfortunate that I didn't have time to get my desired submission completed and uploaded, but at least I had my entry. Good luck to the winners, can't wait to see the Best Picture and Best Video winners... :)

Cheers

Troy

Chopin

Chopin

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
Ditto to that! I'm sure they will be great! :)

pedroL

pedroL

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Have you already announced the winners for the Vista prizes?

I can't find them anywhere...

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Yes we did Right here