Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

star office problem

• Please log in to reply

mich79

mich79

• Pip
  • 2 posts
My new school only use star office and won't let me have microsoft office. I have a great reource but it will only run properly in microsoft powerpoint (powerpoint viewer in star office doesn't work). It is a powerpoint document but has interactive slides that require flash player. This is all installed but it won't run the interactive acivities as it needs powerpoint for these so in star office it just runs through the slides as a normal powerpoint and ignores the interactive parts.

Anyone got any ideas how I might get round this? The IT techs have tried and failed but they put also put a lot of restictions on what we can do!

Cheers

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Welcome to geeks2Go!

Microsoft provides a free viewer for Powerpoint presentations (though it can't create or edit any):

http://www.microsoft...;displaylang=en

It may still not suit your purposes though, since it doesn't support "macros, programs, or opening linked or embedded objects." you'll need to try it to be really sure.

mich79

mich79

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks. I've tried the viewer but it won't run the interactive activities supported by the flash player. Cheers.