Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop keeps saying the wireless card is not found.

• Please log in to reply

rocco1005

rocco1005

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
Hey all , ive had this new sony laptop for a few weeks and just today it wouldnt connect to the internet wirelessly and when i go into the network connections wizard it says that i need to turn on the wireless card from a switch on the laptop. Well the little switch is in the 'on' position but it still says its off and says it cant find the card. In device manager the card is enabled, the drivers are good etc. I ran the cd for the router and it said everything was fine and was setup so its gotta be something in vista in need to do.

I did do the wizard and it worked once but then went out again. now the battery was a little low (still had an hour) and i found that a checkbox was checked for the laptop to disable the wireless connection when the battery gets low, so i unchecked it and still nothing. please help

Advertisements

TheQuickBrownFox

TheQuickBrownFox

• PipPipPip
  • 714 posts
Have you tried restarting your laptop after unchecking the checkbox?
Hope this helps.

--I'm not familiar with Win Vista so this is probably the only help I can give--

xheezy04

xheezy04

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Win vista could've triggered a battery saving mechanism and turned off the power of your wireless network card to conserve energy.

Or you didn't actually connect to your destined access point.. I'm just speculating here.. :)

You could always try again with a fresh charge or your AC cord plugged in..