Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Disk Read error

• Please log in to reply

Austintravis

Austintravis

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello, I am not that tech.savvy, but I am pretty sure ,y computer overheated. Now when I try to start the computer it makes loud crackling noises and says disk read error occurred press cont alt del Wen I ran a hard drive test is said test status: #1 -5 fail when I pressed f8 at start up it just takes me to the disk error again? Is there any hope forthis? I was doing audio editing on here and I set it doen on the leather couch for too long and it was VERY hot when it stopped working. I turned it off for 5 hours and then this began happening. Please let me know if you think this is a hopeless cause. Thanks- Audrey :)

Advertisements

snooker

snooker

• PipPip
  • 78 posts
Hi , This is a laptop or desktop ? It sounds like either your hard drive is dying or you were messing around with CPU . What error did it show ?