Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ROXIO EASY MEDIA CREATOR 10

• Please log in to reply

hippiemind

hippiemind

• PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
I am thinking of getting this. Is this the best program out there? or are there cheaper or free programs that are available?

I got so frustrated trying to install Real Player Gold 11 (free, but currently not compatible w/ XP), that I am looking for an alternative.

Thanks in advance for your opinion. :)

Also....will this program take up a great deal of space on my hard drive?

Edited by hippiemind, 04 May 2008 - 03:20 AM.

Advertisements

superstar

superstar

• PipPipPip
  • 718 posts
Roxio is not bad... & it's probably about 100MB in size. But I'd recommend buying Nero, even older version's if you can find them. Anything past v6 is really good, as nero can do many burning tasks needed in today's world. Nero won't take up much space either. It weighs in at about 100MB too. & hey forget about Real Player because it sucks! But if you just want an easy cd audio burning [only] application, use Windows Media Player. I believe WMP v10 burns cd audio only, and WMP 11 does both data and audio.

Edited by superstar, 04 May 2008 - 10:42 PM.