Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Curious for your opinion

• Please log in to reply

snooker

snooker

• PipPip
  • 78 posts
Hi , I'm curious to know now that sp1 is out as to how you like your Vista ? I would appreciated to hear from user's that actually use Vista for a while now as to what they think about this OS ?

TIA

Advertisements

charge06

charge06

• PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
i havnt installed sp1 yet.

but, i love vista had it for 6 months and had no problems with it. and its fast

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
As I have stated before if your machine is built Vista ready then Vista should run fine.
If you are upgrading from xp you need to make sure your parts will run Vista. My own view point is a minimum of 2 gig of ram + an on board video card with 128 - 256 ram.
The main problem with vista in my opion is the lack of backward compatibly with programs.
Cheers
Peterm

snooker

snooker

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

As I have stated before if your machine is built Vista ready then Vista should run fine.
If you are upgrading from xp you need to make sure your parts will run Vista. My own view point is a minimum of 2 gig of ram + an on board video card with 128 - 256 ram.
The main problem with vista in my opion is the lack of backward compatibly with programs.
Cheers
Peterm

Hi , I have more than enough towards specs . Though I been hearing its best to stay away from it even after sp1 , Not much was done with sp1 . . I have a feeling Microsoft just brought this one out to keep up with the Jones . Another ME look like . Maybe version 7 will be worth it ? Time will tell .