Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Malware Infection Solved - But Now Windows Updates Are Failing

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

PILL5B3RRY

PILL5B3RRY

• PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
This means that your copy of Windows is not Official. Are you sure that yours is Genuine?

Advertisements

adifrank

adifrank

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
actually i'm not. i'm not the one who installed windows on this computer. i bought the computer with windows already on it + some other software. i have the discs which look genuine. but who knows.... i'm starting to get the idea i'll have to shell out some cash to buy a different copy of windows, huh...? :)

JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 11,579 posts
The Microsoft MGA Diagnostics recognized the product key as invalid. The fact that update history is null, it confirms that the Operating System is not legit.

While we understand that you may not have been aware your copy of Windows is not legitimate, we are unable to help you any further on this site. We have a strict policy we adhere to in only helping people who have legitimate copies of Windows.

Thank you for understanding.

This topic is closed.