Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Recycle Bin on Lower Right Corner Problem

• Please log in to reply

PILL5B3RRY

PILL5B3RRY

• PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
Hello people... OK so Im having a little problems. Its not really a problem its just annoying. Every time I start my computer, my Recycle Bin is always on the lower right corner. I always have to press Arrange Icons by>Name. I know this is how it is when you first install Windows XP but its not supposed to be like that after. Its most likely a faulty registry settings. If anyone can please help, it will be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

Mr Freeze

Mr Freeze

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
i believe thats the default place for recycle bin
did you right click on desk top and unlock desktop items
then place it where you want
then lock items on desktop
restart your computer

PILL5B3RRY

PILL5B3RRY

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
Noo sorry that didn't so anything. Im almost positive that its a faulty Registry Setting, but I don't know which one.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Is it just the Recycle Bin or are other desktop icons also affected?

Create a new Account. See if the same thing happens there. If not keep the new account and copy your data from the old account to the new one. Once you're happy with the new account, delete the old one, including all files.

See here: http://support.micro...om/?kbid=811151