Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

service pack 2

• Please log in to reply

mawmaw

mawmaw

• PipPip
  • 85 posts
I can't download service pack 2. I need it to install norton 360. I did a repair on windows with my xp disk and had to reinstall service pack 1 but get an 0x8007043B error when trying to install sp2. couldn't find the error at microsoft to fix it. I also got a need creative 3 installer for which i don't what that is or whyit wasn't on the disk. any ideas. I also can't get this symantec error off without sp2.

Advertisements

Mr Freeze

Mr Freeze

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
go to this site and see how this issue was resolved
check out Miykle posting
hope it helps

http://forums.pcpits...howtopic=156514

you should be able to install norton 360

Edited by Mr Freeze, 04 May 2008 - 05:23 PM.

mawmaw

mawmaw

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
I went to the site and installed as instructed and no, no fix. I think i pin pointed a problem though. I was finally able to check my update history and haven't been able to install updates since updating nvidea gforce video drivers. come to think of it thats when the worst of my problems started (comp freezing on restart). I'm not sure how to fix that. can you help there? I don't feel comfortable on the net without a fire wall and i need the sp2 for that. Thanks .

Edited by mawmaw, 04 May 2008 - 06:35 PM.

Mr Freeze

Mr Freeze

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
couple of things to try
first you can try rolling back the drivers

from start>>control panel>>system>>open it>>hardware tab>>device manager press it>>display>>click on +>>right click on driver>>select properties>>click driver tab>>choose roll back>>>restart your computer

you try turning the accelerator down

go to control panel>>display open it>>settings>>advance tab>>troubleshoot
turn accelerator down to zero>>click ok to close

Also you should remove norton 360
once you got your updates back installed then install norton 360
use norton removal tool from symantec
choose the norton version you have

http://service1.syma...005033108162039

Edited by Mr Freeze, 04 May 2008 - 09:09 PM.